We know you are juggling the challenges of managing benefits, payroll, hiring and onboarding. The struggle is real, right? We understand these tasks are crucial to the success of the organization, but we need information.
When do we need it? Typically, at 4:50 p.m. on a Friday, when all you want to do is to get out the door and scream, “TGIF!”
We get it: We can be needy. Whether it’s last-minute requests for pay stubs for income verification because we’re buying our first home, or needing our sick time because the school just called and little Joey is the latest victim of the classroom funk.
In true fashion, you help us because it’s what you do.
We know you can handle the workload, but the truth is you shouldn’t have to answer every menial question that comes across your desk or lands in your inbox.
What if there was a different way? What if employees took these burdens off HR’s plate?
Do any of these common questions sound familiar?
- “Can I get a copy of my W-2?”
- “How many vacation days do I have left?”
- “And when do I have to take them by?”
- “What steps do I need take in order to level up in the company?”
- “Do my benefits cover this procedure?”
- “Hey, how much would adding a dependent cost me? Ballpark’s fine.”
Honestly, we don’t want to have to ask you these questions, but you hold the answers. How many hours would you estimate you spend answering these questions a month? A week? A year?
The right HR technology could take these simple requests off your plate. If only we had such technology, we could:
- access pay rates, schedule earnings, deductions and pay vouchers at any time;
- submit W-4s, I-9s and direct-deposit forms securely;
- change contact information and have it automatically update throughout the system;
- punch web time clocks or input hours into an online time sheet;
- submit and approve time sheets;
- monitor paid-time-off accruals and submit time-off requests;
- enroll in benefits with decision-making tools like a sample paycheck with new deduction amounts; and
- access, complete and sign performance reviews.
And you? You would have more time to be strategic, to drink your coffee before it gets cold and even to take a vacation! (We assume you get those, too, right?)
HR Technology Optimized for Mobile Access
Look, we’ve transitioned to an on-demand and mobile society. Millennials are no longer the only ones with expectations of immediate access to their data, information and content. People now can manage everything, from their retirement accounts and hair appointments to banking, all while watching television, all from their mobile devices. As organizations continue to gear up for a mobile workforce, on-demand and self-service solutions are setting a new standard. HR departments like yours are under immense pressure to ensure employees have access to their own information.
We don’t want you to carry that burden alone, so we’re here with a suggestion: Leverage new HR technology that will enable us to carry out self-service functions. Such a solution would empower us to review our benefits, submit time-off requests and access the documentation we need to make informed decisions. More importantly, we’ll get the information we need, when we need it, from wherever we may be, without constantly pulling your focus from strategic programs with endless menial tasks and inquiries.
Trust us to handle our own information; we are willing to take on that responsibility, freeing up your time to strategize the next big thing. Or to simply enjoy that cup of coffee. Cream or sugar?
– Your Employees
For more information about employee self-service, download this free Infographic: Engage and Empower Your Employees. Or to learn more about how Paycom’s HR technology can help your business grow, contact us today.
Tags: Employee Self-Service, Empower Employees, HR Management, HR Technology, payroll, Williams Espino
Posted in Blog, Employee Engagement, HR Management, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, What Employees Want